2011. szeptember 21., szerda

Grammary: Present Conditional - Scratch your head

Have you read this puzzle? If not yet, please start with that because now I'm giving the best solution and reasoning I've found on the net.

From what's given, we know that either all three hats are blue or sage A is wearing a white hat.

If Sage A was wearing a white hat, then each of the others would see one blue and one white. One of them would eventually realize that if his own hat was white, the one in the blue hat would see only white hats and announce that his was blue.

Whichever of the other two caught on to that first would therefore deduce (by the fact that no one had made such an announcement) and announce his own hat was blue.

As neither has done so, Sage A reasons that they don't see him in a white hat, and therefore his hat is blue.


Do you accept this reasoning? 
---
Based on the examples above we can conclude that the Present Conditional is formed in the following way:
IF + Past Simple/ Continous, THEN + would/ could/ should do/ be doing
Try to collect other examples from the net. If you sent me some funny ones, I would put it on my blog.

WALK Program - Haladjunk az angollal!


3 megjegyzés:

  1. Hello, I try to practise english and I do not understand the whole story. Please help me.
    In the second paragraph story tell me that there are 3 blue hats or 2 blue ones and 1 white.
    Do i misunderstand something?
    Please if i write here something bad grammary, correct me.

    VálaszTörlés
  2. No, you've understood it correctly. In the puzzle it's said that Sage B and C are wearing blue hats. Sage A can see that but cannot see the colour of his own hat. It's either blue or white.
    You can read the puzzle here:
    http://ewalkblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/drop-in-ocean-scratch-your-head.html

    VálaszTörlés